Pin It

Monday, August 4, 2014

Bacon, Jalapeno and Pepper Jack Cheese Grilled Burger

So it's been awhile! I pretty much gave up on this blog because my life got so busy and I could no longer see spending time sitting at the computer and typing away recipes, which I'm pretty sure nobody looked at anyway. But then yesterday happened! I really don't like red meat, but I got a craving for a hamburger (which is weird to start with because I eat like one hamburger every couple of years) and it wasn't going to be satisfied until I actually ate a burger. Then I decided that just having any old burger wasn't going to do it either. So off to the store we went to purchase everything I needed to make this bad boy! I wasn't even going to put this on the blog, but this blog is a way for me to keep  my recipes organized and refer back to them in an easy manner. So if you are craving a grilled bacon, jalapeno and pepper jack cheese burger, this ones for you!

 *Makes 2 very large and filling burgers

Sesame Kaiser rolls
2 Angus beef patties (pre shaped and seasoned at the grocery store)
4 Pepper Jack cheese slices
1/2 lb bacon
3 large jalapeno peppers, seeded and deveined ( I left some seeds in for some extra heat)

I can't tell you that there is actually a recipe for this burger. Just grill your favorite hamburger meat with the seasonings you like.While it is grilling, slice your jalapenos into strips. Saute in a pan with a little bit of butter until the jalapenos are tender, but not mushy. Fry up all the bacon until it's crisp. Place a few strips of bacon and 2 slices of cheese onto each patty toward the end of the cooking time, so the cheese will melt. (Place the bacon under the cheese so it stays put) Meanwhile, grill the buns with a little bit of butter on each side. Place the cooked hamburger onto a grilled bun. Top with the sauteed jalapenos and the rest of the bacon. Top with the other bun and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment