* Original Recipe found here: Chocolate Covered Coffee Toffee
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp molasses
3 tsp instant coffee powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 pound milk chocolate melted
1. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper.
2. In a medium sized sauce pan, place a candy thermometer. Bring all the ingredients, excluding the chocolate, to a boil over medium low heat. Continue to cook and stir the mixture until the thermometer reaches 275°
3. Stir constantly until the thermometer reaches 315°. Remove it from the heat and stir until very smooth, just a few seconds.
4. Pour the toffee onto the prepared cookie sheet.
5. Using a spatula spread the toffee out into a large rectangle. try to keep it as even as possible. Work quickly because the toffee will set fast.
6. Using a pizza cutter, score the toffee into bite sized pieces. This might take a few times going over and over it as the toffee hardens.
7. Allow the toffee to sit until it is room temperature and then break apart the pieces.
8. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler until perfectly smooth. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Drop a piece of the toffee into the chocolate. Using a spoon, make sure the toffee is covered with chocolate on all sides.Use a fork to remove the toffee from the chocolate. Shake the candy over the bowl to gently remove the excess chcocolate. Scrape the edge of the fork on the bowl of chocolate as you remove the candy. Lay them on waxed or parchment paper until they set up.
9. You will have a bit of chocolate left over so you can add some decoration to the tops if you wish by scooping the leftover chocolate into a baggie. Clip a very tiny hole in the corner of the baggie and drizzle the chocolate onto the tops of the toffee.