Pin It

Monday, December 24, 2012

Loaded Potato Salad

Oh  my goodness! Can I  just tell you how amazing this potato salad looks and tastes? Ok, ok, so I only took one small bite, but it sure was yummy!! In fact, as I am typing this, I realized that I should probably go get my grand daughter's bib to wear so I won't ruin my keyboard with drool. Just looking at the picture makes me want to run to my fridge, yank open the bowl of potato salad and dig in with a HUGE fork! Fortunately my will power  is kicking in and I will stick to my diet. I am sure my family will thank me tomorrow for not eating it all, so they can enjoy it all for themselves. If you loved loaded baked potatoes, then this certainly will become your new favorite potato salad.

4 large Russet potatoes
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup freshly chopped chives, divided
8 strips of bacon (6 for the salad and 2 for topping) cooked and crumbled
salt and pepper to taste
Serves 4 - 6

In a small bowl, thoroughly mix together mayonnaise, and sour cream. Add cheddar cheese, half of the chives, 6 pieces of crumbled bacon,  salt and pepper. Place in the fridge for a bit. Meanwhile, peel and cube your potatoes in to bite size pieces. Put in a large pot, cover with water, and boil about 20 minutes. Don't over boil or they will end up too mushy.

When potatoes are ready, drain and let cool completely. Put potatoes in a large bowl and add the sour cream mixture. Top with remaining chives and remaining crumbled bacon.


No comments:

Post a Comment