Pin It

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Baked Oatmeal Cups

Today on this beautiful, sunny Southern California day, I decided to take some time in the kitchen to prepare some healthier snacks and some quick, easy and healthy breakfasts to grab on the go for those mornings when we just can't seem to get it together in time to eat or pack healthy snacks before we leave for work. Honestly, that doesn't happen to me very often, because I am always sure to make time to eat. I mean, seriously....I have my priorities straight ;)
Anyway, I bagged up individual snack size bags of nuts and dried fruits for work. I made enough to last a month. Woo Hoo! Then I made these yummy baked oatmeal cups. These are going to be my new favorite "go to" in a hurry breakfast. They are so easy to throw together and I love that you can put different toppings on each one, so they can be individualized for everyone in your family. Next time I make them, I would spray the cupcake liners with Pam, because they stuck just a little bit, but other than that, I would say they turned out perfect.
This is what they looked like just before going into the oven


This is right after they came out of the oven. Look at all that wonderful fruit and delicious chocolate chip goodness!

Recipe Source: http://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/personal-sized-baked-oatmeal-with-individual-toppings-gluten-free-diabetic-friendly/

Yield: 22 muffins

2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups applesauce, unsweetened
½ cup banana, mashed
½ cup honey or blue agave syrup
5 cups, rolled oats
2 Tbsp flax seed meal
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2¼ cups lowfat milk (you can use your preference of milk)

Optional toppings:cranberries, frozen fruit, chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°
Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana and honey together in a bowl.
Add in oats, flax, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and mix well with wet ingredients.
Pour in milk and stir until well combined.
Pour mixture evenly into muffin tin cups lined with cupcake liners. (I suggest spraying the liners with Pam)
If using toppings add them onto the tops of muffins now.
Bake 30 minutes until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
Cool and enjoy or freeze them in gallon freezer bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment