Pin It

Friday, June 3, 2011

Peanut Butter and Banana Panini

This post should probably have been titled the "Elvis Panini" since he loved peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I'm not too familiar with many Elvis songs, but I do know that as busy as I plan to be today, I had to make time to blog this panini, because  IT'S NOW OR NEVER. I didn't create this panini in my BLUE SUEDE SHOES, nor was I in the KENTUCKY RAIN. The question is: ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT? If the answer is yes (or no) try this recipe for some good comfort food. Just please DON'T BE CRUEL if you don't like it. :)
Ok enough of the Elvis songs! This panini really was great. The peanut butter cuts the sweet of the honey and the cinnamon bread just adds a unique combination to the flavors. Next time I might even try putting in a few chocolate chips to add the flavor profile.
Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Peanut Butter
Honey
1 Banana, cut into slices
Butter

Spread peanut butter onto one slice of cinnamon bread. Spread honey onto the other side. Place sliced bananas on top of the peanut butter and sandwich the breads together. Spread butter on the outsides of the bread slices and grill or put into a panini press.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if I can ever eat this combination! but I know many people that would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was super yummy! Is it the peanut butter and banana combo that you don't like? Or is it the fact that it's on cinnamon bread?

    ReplyDelete