Pin It

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pasta Salad

I'm sure everyone knows how to fix a basic and simple pasta salad but I thought I would blog it anyway. I woke up this morning at 2:45 AM and our cable TV doesn't work. Since the repairman won't be here till this evening, what else is there to do but cook and blog? ;)
Tonight we go feed the homeless. It's such a great experience for us every time we go. We started getting involved in the ministry about 3 years ago and I know that every time I go,  I come away from that place, far more blessed than the people we are serving. I love how God does that!!
Since we won't be home in time for me to cook dinner, I had to think ahead and plan a dinner that would be quick for when we get home. I made a polsa kielbasa and a pasta salad. Yummy!!

1 box tri color rotini pasta
1 cucumber

1/2 red bell pepper
1/4 green bell pepper
1/4 yellow or orange bell pepper
1/4 cup broccoli, or less
1/4 cup celery
1 can black olives
1 bottle Bernsteins Cheese Fantastico Dressing ( I use the light version)
Salt/Pepper to taste

Boil pasta according to pkg directions. When it's done cooking, run the pasta under cold water to cool it down quickly. Place the cooled pasta in a large bowl.
Cut all the vegetables as small or large as you would like them. ( I like mine a little chunkier cut) Place the vegetables into the pasta bowl. Add the olives, salt and pepper to the salad. Pour as much or as little of the dressing over the salad as you like. (I usually save quite a bit because after you chill the pasta in the refrigerator it dries out quite a bit). Stir thoroughly and place in the refrigerator. Take out after awhile and add more dressing if necessary and stir again.

No comments:

Post a Comment