Pin It

Monday, January 28, 2013

Spiced Brussels

Recently, I have enjoyed making a lot of brussel sprouts. I really like the flavor of them and they are so easy to "spruce up." I even got my grand daughter to eat a bite of one. Granted, it was only a bite, but that's pretty miraculous for a 2 year old. I'm not sure she was a fan, but the hubby and I sure were.

15-20 brussel sprouts
1 lg garlic clove, finely chopped
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Old Bay seasoning
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp Ancho chili powder (you can use regular chili powder if you don't have this)
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp cumin

1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
juice of 1/2 a lime

Preheat oven to 350°. Wash and dry your brussel sprouts. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine garlic, salt, Old Bay seasoning, coriander, chili powder, crushed red pepper  flakes, and cumin. Stir in the olive oil and then put your brussel sprouts into the bowl with this mixture. Use your hand or a large spoon and make sure the brussel sprouts are thoroughly coated with this mixture. Spread the spiced brussels onto a broiler pan or baking pan. Roast for 25 min. (Mine only took 25 min because my brussel sprouts were fairly small.) Adjust your cooking time as needed if your sprouts are larger and you find they are not tender after 25 min. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment