Pin It

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Veggie Salad

This is one of my favorite ways to eat raw veggies. I know, you are probably thinking that your favorite way is to cut up some raw veggies and dip them in Ranch dressing. Well, this is a much healthier way to eat them. Let's face it, Ranch dressing is not the healthiest thing in the world. This salad has nothing unhealthy in it at all. There is no measuring, no cooking, it's basically a slice and stir recipe. So next time you are feeling like you just want something extremely healthy to snack on, give this a try. I think you will be surprised at how great it tastes.
You can include any veggies that you like, but these happen to be my favorite. You can add or take away as you please. Also, I happened to use a gourmet olive oil and balsamic vinegar that I had at the house, but plain olive oil and balsamic also tastes great on this salad. I didn't include any amounts in the recipe because this is just a "add the amount you like" kind of recipe.

Cucumber
Celery
Fennel
Red Onion
Tomato
Green Onion
Cilantro
Lemon Infused Olive Oil
Peach Cinnamon Balsamic Vinegar
Salt/Pepper to taste

Chop all the veggies. Throw them into a bowl. Drizzle as much or as little olive oil and vinegar as you would like over them. Add salt and pepper to taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment