Pin It

Thursday, March 28, 2013

White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies

My hubby happens to love oatmeal cookies. Me? I'm not a fan! So for once it was nice to make a cookie that would not tempt me to eat it at all. Or so I thought. Ok, I never gave into the temptation, but let me tell you, my house smells so wonderful right now as the hot cookies are just coming out of the oven, that I want to go run into my kitchen and bite a chunk out of one of these cookies. I guess I don't want my 3 mile walk today to be for nothing, so I will continue to fight off the temptation. Maybe if I just go get a clothes pin and put it on my nose, I will no longer be able to smell the amazing smell that is wafting through my home as I type this. Then I would show up at work tomorrow looking like Rudolph from having my nose pinched all evening with a clothes pin. So for now, I will just do my best to convince myself that what I am smelling would not taste good at all. Maybe if I chant it to myself, it will work. What do you think? "Those will not taste good...those will not taste good...those will not taste good..."
Oh forget it. I'll be right back, I'm going on a cookie run ;)

Based on Quaker's Best Oatmeal Cookie Recipe:

1-1/4  cups butter, softened 
3/4  cup firmly packed brown sugar 
1/2  cup granulated sugar 
1  egg 
1  tsp vanilla 
1-1/2  cups flour 
1  tsp baking soda 
1  tsp cinnamon 
1/2  tsp salt 
1/4  tsp nutmeg 
3  cups oats, quick or old fashioned
1 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
white chocolate, chopped into chunks (as much or as little as you like in your cookies) 

 Heat oven to 375°. 
In large bowl, beat butter and both sugars until creamy. Add egg and vanilla. Mix thoroughly. 
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Stir together to mix well. Add the flour mixture to the mixed butter and sugar combination. Mix well. Add oats and mix well again. 
Stir in Craisins and white chocolate chunks. 
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 8 to 9 minutes for a chewy cookie or 10 to 11 minutes for a crisp cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment