Pin It

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Killer Garlic Shrimp

Recently a friend from work loaned me a cookbook she thought I might like. Well, I more than like it, I LOVE it! It's called Two Dudes One Pan. It is definitely worth buying. This is the 3rd recipe I have made from there so far and I have liked all of them. I know, I know...I  haven't blogged them all. Don't judge...life gets busy. The thing I loved about this recipe is that  it requires absolutely no thinking to put it together or to cook it. So for those days that you don't feel like cooking or that you don't have a lot of time to fuss over something special, this is a winner!

2 lbs. medium or extra large  shrimp, peeled and deveined
10 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp salt
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
4 limes, cut into wedges

Place shrimp in a large bowl and toss with garlic and oil.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.  
Heat a skillet over medium high heat until very hot. 
 Add the salt to the shrimp and toss to combine.  
Add the shrimp and the marinade to the hot skillet.

Cook the shrimp approximately 2-3 minutes or until they are slightly firm to the touch, stirring often.
Transfer the shrimp to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the red pepper flakes and chopped cilantro.  Serve immediately, with limes on the side.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment