Pin It

Monday, November 11, 2013

Ginger Cinnamon Chip Cookies

Do you sometimes want to make an entire batch of cookie dough, just to eat the dough? Or is it just me? Admit it, you like cookie dough too. I think almost everyone does. As I was making these cookies, I was finding it so hard to stay out of the dough. It was so yummy! My solution? Pop a piece of peppermint gum in your mouth and then you won't want to ruin that wonderful peppermint breath, by continually eating cookie dough. It worked for me.  Well ok...AFTER I had gotten into the dough, but trust me, if I hadn't have had gum, I'm fairly sure there would have been no dough left to make into cookies!
Thankfully there was some left and I could take this picture and type up the recipe for you. This one is easy, and truly tastes like Fall. 
2 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup (or 1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
1 bag Hershey's cinnamon chips (these are usually found in the Fall season only. I find mine at Wal Mart)
sugar for rolling the cookies

Heat oven to 350°

Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.

In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.

Using your mixer, cream together the butter and the brown sugar. . Add in the egg and molasses. Beat until mixed well.

Add in the dry ingredients and combine until mixed well together. (Don't overmix)

Pour in the bag of cinnamon chips and mix only until the chips are spread throughout the dough well.

Roll the dough into balls the size of a small golf ball. and then roll each ball in sugar.  Place the dough balls onto the parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 12--14 minutes. (I baked mine the full 14 minutes because the hubby likes his cookies on the firm side.) If you like them chewier, take them out at 12 minutes. Let them sit for about 5 minutes on the hot cookie sheet and then remove them to cookie racks to cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment