Pin It

Monday, November 4, 2013

Bean and Corn Salad

I wish all side dishes came together as quickly as this one. I guess if you bought a bag of pre-mixed salad at the store, it might be quicker, but I guarantee you, it wouldn't taste as good. This was so quick and easy to prepare. It's healthy, yummy and would be a perfect summertime accompaniment to a family BBQ. I know, I know, it's not summer. Well....put this on your "to do" list so you will be ready when summer comes around again. I myself will fix this in Fall, Winter and Spring also! :)
Recipe Adapted From: http://mom-machine.com/my-favorite-summer-side/

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups shelled edamame
1 tomato, chopped
1/4 cup roasted red bell peppers, chopped (I used the kind in the jar)
1 cup corn, cooked and cut off the cob (you can substitute frozen that has been thawed)
1 avocado
3 garlic cloves, chopped finely
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
juice of 2 limes
Salt/Pepper to taste

Mix everything together in a very large bowl. Stir lightly as to not "break up" the avocado and other veggies. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve cold. (Make sure not to skip the lime juice, this is what prevents the avocado from turning brown)

No comments:

Post a Comment