Pin It

Monday, November 4, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Fall is finally in the air! I love the smell of pumpkin goodies baking. I really think it's my favorite seasonal baking product. Pumpkin cookies, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin muffins, you name it...I LOVE it! I have to be honest though, that I have  never put pumpkin and chocolate together. I wasn't sure if I would enjoy the combination. I actually liked it. You could make these with or without the chocolate chips.Either way....just make them!
Makes 18 muffins

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 can ( 1 lb) solid pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)

Heat oven to 375°
Lightly grease and flour loaf pans. In a medium bowl, sift flour together with salt, baking powder, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar and butter together until well blended. Add the eggs and mix again until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin. At low speed, beat in the flour mixture. Scrape down sides of bowl and mix again.
Place paper liners into the muffin tins. Pour the batter into each muffin cup until it's 2/3 full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment