Pin It

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Broiled Salmon with Thai Sweet Chili Glaze and Sriracha Cream Sauce

I am such a sucker for seafood recipes. I'm also a sucker for Asian sauces. So when I saw this recipe, I just knew I had to try it. So many times, I am creative and make up my own, or I find a recipe and by the time I'm done "tweaking" it to suit my taste, it doesn't even resemble the original recipe. Well, tonight neither of those things happened. I was way too tired to think creatively and I knew when I saw both of these recipes, that I would not have to change anything about them. I'm so glad I didn't, as they were great "as is."

Recipe Source for the Salmon:
http://www.onceuponachef.com/2011/10/broiled-salmon-with-thai-sweet-chili-glaze.html#more

Recipe Source for  the Sriracha Cream Sauce:
http://damndelicious.net/post/24047518520/teriyaki-salmon-with-sriracha-cream-sauce




For the Salmon:

3/4 lb Salmon fillet
3 Tbsp Thai Sweet Chili Sauce (Mae Ploy brand is the best!)
1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
 1/2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 green onion, sliced

1. Preheat the broiler to high and set the rack in your oven to the highest possible rack setting. 

2. Make the marinade by combining sweet chili sauce, soy sauce and ginger in a shallow baking dish. Save  1/4 cup marinade and set aside to use later. Add salmon fillet to the marinade in the shallow baking dish and marinate for 1 hour in refrigerator.

3. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with Pam. Place the marinaded salmon fillet on the foil lined cookie sheet and drizzle a very small amount of the marinade over top. Broil the salmon for 6-10 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer salmon to serving dish and pour reserved 1/4 cup marinade over the top. Garnish with green onions and Sriracha cream sauce.


For the Sriracha cream sauce:
1/4 cup mayonnaise 
2 Tbsp Sriracha 
3/4 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and keep in refrigerator until ready to use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment