Pin It

Monday, June 24, 2013

Spicy Moroccan Shrimp

This might just be my new favorite shrimp recipe. I love the spice, the way the flavors blend together so well and the ease of making this dish. I stumbled onto this recipe on Pinterest and have been considering making it for quite some time. My hubby is not a huge shrimp fan, so I kept putting it off. Well tonight I couldn't put it off any longer. I just knew from reading the ingredients that I would love this. Turns out the hubby liked it also! :)

Recipe Source:
http://cookeatshare.com/recipes/spicy-shrimp-moroccan-style-4437

1 lb large shrimp, shelled and tails removed
2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
1/8 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp paprika
3/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp ground ginger
pinch of cayenne pepper
Salt/Pepper to taste
1/8 cup Italian Parsley, chopped
1/8 cup cilantro, chopped

Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
After it is hot, add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes or until it begins to brown lightly. Add the paprika, cumin, ginger, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Add the shrimp to the pan and mix the shrimp around to coat evenly with the seasoning.  Cook, stirring constantly  until shrimp is just about cooked through. (5-8 minutes depending on the size of the shrimp)
Add in the Italian Parsley and the cilantro, cook for about 1 minute more or until the shrimp is fully cooked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment