Pin It

Monday, December 23, 2013

Krispy Peanut Butter Truffles

I got this recipe from a friend many years ago. It's been a staple on my Christmas baking list since then. I love peanut butter and chocolate together and the crunchy rice krispies in this make that combination come to life even more. Unfortunately, I'm on sugar overload for this season and we still have a couple of days to go. I'm sure I will be posting healthier recipes when Christmas is past, as I will be trying to get back to my all natural, clean eating, since I feel like I need to detox right about now! This recipe is so easy to make and hardly takes any time at all. So if you need to whip up a fast candy for company, this one will work for ya, I  promise. That is IF you can stop yourself from eating them all before your company arrives! ;)
1 cube butter ( use real butter, don't use margarine)
2 3/4 cup Rice Krispy cereal
2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 box (1 lb) powdered sugar
Candiquik chocolate dipping bark or melted milk chocolate of any kind
Cocktail peanuts, chopped, for topping

Melt butter and mix the rest of the ingredients into it. Use a heavy duty spoon to mix this. If you use a mixer, you will crush up all your Rice Krispies. Roll the mixture into balls. Place in the refrigerator to firm up. When they are firm and cold, dip each ball into melted chocolate and place chopped peanuts onto the top of each candy. Place the candies onto waxed paper to firm up again. Store in airtight container on the counter or in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment