Pin It

Monday, January 6, 2014

Grilled Skirt Steak with Jalapeno Chimichurri

Since I'm not a red meat fan, I wasn't sure of what my reaction to this recipe would be. Well, I guess as long as there is a sauce on red meat to cover the flavor of the meat, then I must be ok with it. I loved this chimichurri sauce! I literally drowned my meat in this sauce haha. I have made chimichurri sauce many times before, but I haven't ever made it with jalapenos. This will definitely be my new "go to" chimichurri" sauce reipe. So even if you are not a huge fan or red meat, give this a try. I'm sure this sauce would be good on anything.
Recipe Adapted From:
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/05/ted-allens-grilled-steak-with-roasted-jalepeno.html

2 jalapenos 
2 cups cilantro 
2 cups Italian parsley 
2 cloves garlic (2 tsp minced garlic) 
Juice of 3 limes 
3Tbsp cooking sherry 
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar 
1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing the steak
salt/pepper to taste 
2 lbs skirt steak

Preheat the grill.
Char the jalapenos on the stovetop with a gas burner or on a grill until the outsides are charred. Place them in a paper bag or a small bowl covered with a plate or towel and allow the skins to steam and loosen. Peel, stem, and seed the chilies.

In a food processor or blender, combine the jalapeƱos, cilantro, parsley, garlic, lime juice, sherry, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pulse (or blend) until the mixture is a coarse puree. Taste and adjust for salt and blend again if needed.

Rub the steaks with olive oil and season very generously with salt and pepper. Grill until cooked to your eatin preference (medium well for our family)
Remove to a plate and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes.

Slice the steak across the grain with the knife at a 45 degree angle. Arrange on a serving plate and spoon some chimichurri over the steak. Serve with the extra sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment