Pin It

Monday, December 5, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Peanut butter and chocolate go together almost as good as my hubby and I. So why not add some chocolate chips to your favorite peanut butter cookie recipe and bring some new life to it? I did that along with trying a new peanut butter cookie recipe and I actually liked the results. To be honest, if I had my choice, I would go back to the old style peanut butter cookies that are rolled in sugar and flatted with a fork to make a criss cross pattern. Maybe that's because the look and taste of those take me back to my childhood. But.....these did turn out good and I'm sure they will get eaten at work tomorrow. Today began our two weeks of our all day "grazing" pot luck in our staff lounge. Oh boy, my thighs are already staging a protest by rubbing together! *UGH*

1/2 cup (1cube) butter, softened
1cups smooth peanut butter
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
3/4 Tbsp milk
3/4 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4  tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350
In a large bowl combine the butter and peanut butter and beat until it's light and fluffy. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix thoroughly. Add the eggs and mix until it's well combined and light in color. Add the milk and vanilla and mix again. Add the dry ingredients and mix only enough to combine. Do NOT overmix. Stir in the chocolate chips. If you allow  the cookie dough to sit on the counter for 10 min or so it will firm up and be easier to scoop. Place balls of dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet with a space of about 1 to 2 inches between the cookies. Bake for 10-11 minutes. Leave the cookies on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes after baking, then move them to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment