Pin It

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Whole Roasted Chicken with Orange and Rosemary

Between the pine scent from the Christmas tree, the orange and rosemary scent from the chicken that was roasted earlier and the brownies that are now cooking in the oven, my nose feels like it's been on a vacation to paradise! Thank God it wasn't really paradise and I didn't have to worry about putting on a bikini after this meal! ;)
Believe it or not, tonight was my first experience roasting a whole chicken. I guess I'm a little bit embarrassed to admit that! I just usually take the easy way out and buy the pieces already cut up. Well...that's about to change. I loved cooking my chicken like this. It was super moist and really easy to do. I can't wait to conjure up some new ways to cook it. Tonight I decided on trying a recipe I had read about awhile back that sounded good. For my first try roasting a chicken, I thought I might as well depend on someone that knows what the heck they are doing with whole chickens...so BAM...I used an Emeril recipe!
*I did adapt the recipe a bit as I used an orange instead of the tangerines called for in his reccipe. I also substituted fresh orange juice instead of the tangerine juice called for.

Here is a link to the recipe!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/whole-roasted-chicken-infused-with-tangerines-and-rosemary-with-a-tangerine-glaze-recipe/index.html

This first picture is before I put this "bad boy" in the oven!
 Now it's roasted and ready to eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment