Pin It

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Peppermint OreoTruffles

Once in awhile I take a recipe I am already familiar with and love, and add just a little something different to it to produce new results. That's what I did today with this batch of Oreo Truffles. John and I are bringing these yummy truffles for the greeting ministry at church tomorrow. How can you go wrong with the words "Peppermint, Oreo and Truffle" all in one title? You can't!!! I hope they get eaten up at church tomorrow or I will be forced to bring them back home, in which case, I'm sure I will make a pig of myself eating them. It seems as though they call out my name each time I pass by. So far I have done well at ignoring their calls but I'm not sure how much longer I can keep it up! ;)
1 (8 oz) block cream cheese
1 bag Oreo Cookies (not double stuffed)
6 Candy canes crushed (you can put the candy canes in a sealed baggie and crush with a hammer)
1/4 cup Andes mint baking chips (unfortunately these are only available at Christmas time in your local stores)
Semi sweet chocolate chips, melted with just a touch of shortening
* A few chopped Andes mint baking chips for the tops of the candies

Place the cream cheese, cookies, crushed candy canes ( you can put the whole candy canes in a sealed baggie and crush with a hammer) and the 1/4 cup Andes mints in the food processor. Process together until it comes together in a big ball and no white  cream cheese is visible anymore. Roll into balls and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and place into the freezer for about 10-20 min. (You don't want these to be frozen, but you do want them firm enough to dip into the chocolate). Remove from freezer and dip into the melted chocolate. Let the excess chocolate drip off and place back onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet Place a little bit of chopped andes baking mints onto the top of each truffle. Place the cookie sheet into the refrigerator until they are completely solid, firm and not shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment