Pin It

Friday, July 12, 2013

Baked Parmesan Tomatoes

I am always so thankful to find new tomato recipes this time of year. My garden is bursting with huge tomato plants and there is only so much salsa one girl can make. ;)
So when I stumbled onto this find on Pinterest, I just knew I had to try it. Like everything else, I "tweaked" the recipe a bit to suit my fancy. I was so happy to be able to use up some of the basil and jalapenos growing like crazy in my garden also. Now if I could only think of a way to grow some fresh mozzarella in my garden, I would be ONE happy girl!
Recipe Adapted From:
http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/baked_parmesan_tomatoes.html

2 large tomatoes, cut into 8 thick slices

8 fresh basil leaves (or you can use dried basil, just sprinkle it on sparingly)

1-2 fresh jalapenos, diced
Italian Seasoning
Salt/Pepper to taste
8 pieces fresh Parmesan cheese, thinly sliced

Olive oil

Heat oven to 450°.
Place tomato slices on a Pam sprayed cookie sheet. Top each slice with a basil leaf, and a few diced jalapenos. Lightly sprinkle on some Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Top each slice with a thin slice of Parmesan cheese. Repeat with all tomato slices until they are all finished. Drizzle olive oil lightly over each cheese topped tomato slice. Bake in the oven, until tender, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment