Pin It

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins

I just love when I find a recipe that is not only healthy but tastes great. This is definitely one of those! I wasn't sure what to expect when I made these. As I was making them, I kept wondering if they were going to be "dense" or not rise up like a muffin usually does. They were not dense and they definitely rose to the occasion. This just might become a new staple for my hubby's breakfast in the morning.
Recipe Adapted From:
http://fitandhealthywithdebbie.blogspot.com/2012/10/banana-oatmeal-breakfast-muffins.html#.UdTXim1TC8A

To make 6 muffins:

1 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1 egg
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp ground flax seed
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Heat oven to 400°. Place paper liners into a muffin tin.
Place the oats into a food processor. Pulse the oats for about 10-15 seconds. Add all the remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips. Process until everything is mixed together well. Stir in the chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly into the 6 muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment