Pin It

Monday, July 1, 2013

Peking Stir Fry Asparagus and Cashews

Sometimes when it's this hot outside, it's difficult to think of meals to make. I love using my oven and since that is not an option during this weather, I decided to just eat light tonight and only have stir fry asparagus. I wasn't the hungriest and I knew that eating vegetables would be light and yet filling at the same time. I decided to add some cashews to it so I could have a little crunch and a little protein since I was not eating any meat for dinner. This turned out scrumptious and I can't wait to  make it again.
Recipe Adapted From:
http://www.asparagusrecipes.net/peking-style-asparagus.html

2 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp sherry
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup cashews

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add asparagus and cook until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add garlic and ginger and cook 30 seconds while stirring.

In a small bowl, stir together the chicken broth, water, soy sauce, sherry, and cornstarch. Add this mixture  to the skillet and cook until the sauce is thickened and smooth, 2 minutes, stirring. Add the cashews and cook for 1 more minute. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment