Pin It

Friday, September 13, 2013

Coriander and Cilantro Flatbread

This is a repeat post. I haven't made this bread in entirely too long. I love, love, love it. Tonight when I was pondering what I could make to go with our dinner, I was thinking....rolls, biscuits, bread? Flatbread! The thought hit me like a ton of bricks. I know I have already posted this recipe for you all, but this one is so good that it's definitely worth a repeat. So I figure if there are any new readers, they might be seeing this for the first time. Tonight, instead of using butter, I substituted Earth Balance butter spread. I figure it might be just a tad bit healthier than real butter, but I'm truthfully not even sure. Anyway, if you love a flatbread and  you love the taste of cilantro, then this home made bread is the perfect fit for you. Enjoy!!
*makes 8 pieces of bread

1 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
3/4 cup plain yogurt

Sift first 5 ingredients into a bowl. Stir in cilantro. Add yogurt and stir with a fork until small clumps form. Knead the mixture in the bowl until the dough holds together. (You can add more flour or yogurt here if you need to in order to achieve a soft, sticky dough) Turn dough onto floured surface and knead until smooth, about 1 minute. Divide dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each dough piece into a ball and use a rolling pin on a floured surface to flatten out each ball until it's fairly thin or approx 4 1/2 inches across. Brush a skillet generously with olive oil. Heat skillet to med/high heat. Working in batches, add 3 dough rounds to skillet, cook until golden brown and puffed. Turn over after one side is browned and drizzle more olive oil into skillet before browning the other side. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment