Pin It

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Bacon Wrapped Baked Jalapeno Poppers

Those that know me, know that I don't care for bacon too much. So when I saw grilled poppers, wrapped in bacon at the race track last week, I asked the hubby if he wanted to try one.I knew I would probably take a bite of his, but had no  idea that I would actually love these! Could I be turning into a bacon eater? Not likely, but I will definitely make myself a bacon wrapped, jalapeno popper eater!
When my daughter came to visit this week, we decided that we would try to make these. Not only did we have a lot of fun while putting these together, but boy oh boy, did we enjoy eating them. I would venture to say that these are only a "tad" bit healthier than the breaded popppers, but a "tad" counts, right????
These only require 3 ingredients, and  yes they are spicy, but oh so yummy!
10 large jalapeno peppers
1 block cream cheese, softened
1 lb bacon

Wash the jalapeno peppers and pat them dry.
Cut off the stem (about 1/8 of an inch in) leaving a small hole in the top of the jalapeno. With a small spoon, or the handle of a regular spoon, fill each pepper with cream cheese, by stuffing it down to the bottom and filling it up.
Wrap each jalapeno with one strip of bacon, covering the entire pepper, except the top.
Use a toothpick to secure the bacon onto the pepper.
Find a pan that allows the peppers to stand up while baking. (I suppose you could lay them down, but I am guessing that the cream cheese just might run out as it gets too soft.)
Bake at 400° until bacon is cooked through. 30-45 min. You can cook it longer if you want the bacon crispier.

No comments:

Post a Comment