Pin It

Monday, October 28, 2013

Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Pina Colada Dipping Sauce

I have to confess something. Are you ready? Here goes: I could have eaten the entire tray of these things! Did I you ask? No...but trust me I did eat far too many. I really could have just taken a spoon and eaten the whole bowl of dip. Did I you ask? Well...let's just say that there was none left to throw away lol. You figure that one out on your own ;)
I'm not kidding when I tell you that these sweet potato fries dipped in this sauce, seriously tasted like a donut. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!
When my hubby first tasted them and said "these taste just like a donut" I kind of figured he was being sarcastic. But then I tasted it for myself and I was thinking "wow...he's not kidding." So next time you have a craving for a donut for dinner, try these out!
Recipe Source for the Sweet Potatoes: http://www.healthierhabits.org/post/54238353102/so-this-is-how-you-make-them-crispy-super-crispy

For the Sweet Potatoes: 

2 large sweet potatoes
Cornstarch
Olive Oil

Heat oven to 425°
Cut your sweet potatoes into french fry sticks. Try to get all the pieces approximately the same size as they will cook more evenly this way.
Place the cut sweet potatoes into a bowl of water. Soak them for 30-45 minutes.

Drain the water.
In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with cornstarch. Use enough to have a light coating of cornstarch on all of the fries. 
Place the soaked fries on a cookie sheet that either has Parchment paper lining or has been well sprayed with Pam.
Drizzle the fries with olive oil.
Bake at 425° for 30- 45 minutes or until they are as crispy as you like them. Serve them plain or dip them in the following dipping sauce.

For the Dipping Sauce: 
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup fresh pineapple, chopped finely
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp coconut cream

Mix all ingredients together until blended well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.


2 comments:

  1. I'm unsure about this one lady! I just remembered that next wednesday is the only day I will be carless. I can ask ona what time she will be home at. I should text you! haha love that you are still cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was yummy Adia. It seriously tasted like a donut. I hope to never stop cooking! Just text me and let me know!

    ReplyDelete