Pin It

Friday, October 25, 2013

Mozzarella and Pesto Panini

If my hubby did not want meat every night with dinner, I could very easily become a vegetarian. This sandwich proved it to me again. Every bite was so amazing and completely satisfying. Since he wants meat, I will just sneak in dinners like this once in awhile for a surprise. He really did enjoy it, but I'm sure he would have enjoyed it more, with a hunk of chicken or beef in it! Oh yeah, come to think of it, I'm actually sure I could NEVER give up sushi! But honestly, I could probably eat this sandwich 3 nights a week and be content.
2 slices sourdough bread
2-3 fresh tomato slices
Pesto sauce
Mozzarella cheese, sliced
Olive oil
Crushed red pepper * Optional

Spread Pesto sauce on both sides of the bread. You can use as much or as little as you would like, depending on how much pesto flavor you would like to come through in your sandwich.

Add cheese slices on top of the pesto sauce. Layer tomato slices on top of the cheese. If you want to add crushed red pepper to your sandwich, then shake some of it over the tomato slices.

Place the other bread slice on the top. Drizzle olive oil on both sides of the bread. Grill on your panini press until the cheese is completely melted and the bread is golden brown. Serve warm and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment