Pin It

Monday, February 17, 2014

Mom's Good Ole Grilled Chicken with Salted Butter Sauce

Do you remember that one "go to" meal as a child that your mom or dad would make and you just could hardly wait until dinner time? Well this chicken and my mom's famous chicken and dumplings are the two "go to" meals that I remember! I can just picture my dad out by the grill, in his wheelchair, basting the chicken with this butter sauce. I wish he was still around today to see how well his "baby girl" can make this chicken now. Every time I eat this chicken, I am reminded of just how much I miss him! So tonight was one of those nights when I got to remember my amazing dad, while I ate this chicken. Living in Southern California, means you can grill all year round. Since today was nice and warm, I stoked up the old grill and put it to work, even in the middle of winter what feels like summer! There is only 5 ingredients in the basting sauce and it's pretty much a great "I have no time and  need to throw something together quickly", kind of meal. So get out the old grill and get crackin on this one!

Serves approx 4-5

9 Chicken legs or any other of your favorite parts of chicken
 1 cube butter, melted (1/2 cup)
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp pepper

In a small bowl, melt butter. Add in all the seasonings and stir well. Grill the chicken on an indoor or outdoor grill, only brushing the butter mixture onto the chicken close to the end of the cooking time, so as to prevent burning the outside of the chicken , due to the butter.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment