Pin It

Monday, February 17, 2014

Salmon with Mango Habenero Salsa

For some reason, I love fruit with my meat dishes. Whether it be chicken or fish, I can always find a way to incorporate fruit into it. This meal was no different. I have made this many times, but for some reason, I have never taken time to blog about it. It just seems too simple, but maybe that's what someone might be looking for, so here it is!

Serves 2

2 salmon steaks
1 mango, diced
1/2 lime, juiced
1 habanero pepper, seeded and diced
1/4 small onion, diced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
salt to taste

To prepare the salsa: In a small bowl, combine the mango, lime juice, habanero pepper, onion, cilantro and salt. Stir to combine. If you want the salsa to be a little less "chunky" you can put half the salsa in a food processor or blender and combine it well, then add it back to the other "chunky" half. I like my salsa chunky, so I did not blend mine at all. 

Grill the salmon on an indoor or outdoor grill until it is cooked through. The time will vary depending on the cooking apparatus and the thickness of the salmon steak. So just keep testing the fish to see if it is done all the way through. Serve with salsa on the top of each salmon steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment