Pin It

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tequila Lime Shrimp

As many of you know who read this blog, this has been a stressful week. If I was a drinker, this dinner might have just ended up being "lime shrimp" because I would have consumed the entire bottle of tequilla. I guess it's a good thing that I don't really drink, because the tequilla added quite an abundance of awesome flavor to this dish. The hubby also loved it and it's a good thing because when I'm stressed, I don't eat much and after tasting 3 of the shrimp and saying how much I loved them...I was done for the night. So he got to eat a lot, and I mean a lot of shrimp! I will definitely be making these again when I am up to eating more of them.
Recipe Source: Tequilla Lime Shrimp

1 tablespoon oil
1/2 small onion(chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 jalapeno (chopped)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
 1/4 cup tequila
1/4 cup lime juice
zest of two limes
salt and pepper
1 handful cilantro, chopped


Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic, jalapeno and cumin and saute about 1 minute. Add the shrimp and tequila and cook until the shrimp are pink, about 2 minutes per side. Add the lime juice, zest, salt, pepper and cilantro. 

*If I had enough time I would have served this with cilantro lime rice. That would make a great accompaniment to this dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment