Pin It

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Chicken Chili Skillet Mac

Sometimes in life you just grow weary and emotionally drained. It's times like those that even my love of cooking is affected. I know when those times come and I don't feel like cooking, that my brain is on overload. Usually for me the joy of cooking outweighs the problems of life. Not so much this past week. But....I have a BIG God who can handle BIG issues! So today I picked myself up by the bootstraps and finally sat down to start blogging some recipes I have made the last few days. This chicken chili mac is super easy to make and it actually tasted quite good. I am not usually a big fan of things all mixed up in a skillet, but I will probably make this one again.
*I am  not much into photography as you can obviously tell haha....but this tastes better than this picture makes it look! 

Original recipe can be found at: http://picky-palate.com

8 ounces wagon wheel pasta
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green or red bell peppers
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded
10 oz can Rotel tomatoes
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup white beans, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp Hidden Valley Ranch powder (from dip or dressing packet)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and run under cool water to stop cooking. Heat oil in a skillet. Add onions and peppers, cook stirring until softened about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook stirring for 1 minute. Add chicken, tomatoes, broth, corn, beans, 1 cup wagon wheel pasta, chili powder, cumin, Ranch seasoning and cilantro. Stir until well combined. Reduce heat to low and simmer until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment