Pin It

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Guilt Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana"Ice Cream"

Oh my goodness, have you ever read a recipe and thought to yourself, "there is no way that could be that easy and absolutely no way it could really taste that good?" Well that's what I said when I stumbled onto this guilt free ice cream recipe. It only has 3 ingredients and they are all healthy. How could it actually be that healthy and taste like ice cream? But guess what? It totally does!! I was absolutely shocked when I tasted it. I even called both my sisters and told them about it so they could try it. I was lucky that I had over ripe frozen bananas on hand, so I didn't even have to wait until my bananas were frozen. I always keep some in my freezer in case I get an urge to make banana bread. Now I will have to keep extra in my freezer for sure, for this ice cream! The only drawback is I'm pretty sure this would be too hard to make without a food processor. I guess you could try blending it in a blender, but unless it is an industrial strength blender, I just don't see how you would blend it to the right texture.
 Original Recipe found at: http://thenotquitevegan.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/guilt-free-ice-cream/
Are you ready for this big ingredient list? Here it is:

3 frozen bananas
2 tsp unsweetened cocoa
1 big spoonful of peanut butter
( I have no idea how much peanut butter I used, but I took a spoon from my utensil drawer and heaped it full of peanut butter)

Slice your frozen bananas into rounds that are about 1/2 inch thick. Place all the slices into the bowl of your food processor. Turn it on and stand back and watch it do it's magic. At first it will look "grainy" but just be patient. Pretty soon it comes together and looks fairly smooth. At this point, put in the cocoa and the peanut butter. Keep processing it and in just a little bit, you will have a smooth ice cream like consistency. Serve and enjoy!
(If you decide to put  it in the freezer, it will firm up quite a bit. I think it's better as a soft serve directly from the food processor, but it's still good even when it firms up)


No comments:

Post a Comment