Pin It

Friday, April 26, 2013

Mini Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins with Peanut Butter Glaze

Call me strange, but I am just one of those people that is tempted by batter of any kind. When I was mixing this batter this morning, I wanted to take a spoon and eat it all and make up some lame excuse for not having muffins to bring to work. I'm sure that would have worked, but I'm not sure I could have come up with a valid excuse for the 10 lbs I gained overnight haha!
So, I was a good girl and resisted the temptation and actually brought them to work to share. It's a good thing because I would have been too tempted to eat them if they stayed at my house. They are definitely yummy and I can't wait to make them again!
 Adapted from:
http://www.kaitlininthekitchen.com/2010/03/peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-muffins.html

For the Muffins:


2 1/4 cups Flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
6 Tablespoons Butter (melted and cooled slightly)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (you can use crunchy or smooth)
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips


Heat oven to 375°
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar and regular sugar. In a mixing bowl, mix the melted butter, peanut butter, eggs, and milk until combined. (The peanut butter may still be a bit clumpy....that's ok)
Mix the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture and stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 
* Makes 51 mini muffins

*If you want to make regular size muffins, increase the baking time to 17-20 minutes.

For the Peanut Butter Glaze:

1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups sifted powered sugar

In a small saucepan, heat the peanut butter, milk and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the sifted powdered sugar. Stir it together well until a glaze forms. 
Dip the top of each muffin into the glaze. (You might need to gently reheat the glaze a few times to re-melt it down. I had to do this 3 times in the process of making these. Be sure to do this on low heat and only for a few seconds until it smooths back out)
Set aside to allow the glaze to firm up. Place a chocolate chip on the top of each muffin.


No comments:

Post a Comment