Pin It

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

I wish I could take credit for thinking these up but no such luck on my part. I almost wish I hadn't found this recipe as it could be a danger to my diet! These are the easiest bar cookies I can think of to make. My grand daughter even helped me make them. Oh and they are srumpdiddlyumptious. Yes that's a word! Just ask my 3 year old grand daughter. They taste a lot like Reese's peanut butter cups. Next time I will use milk chocolate on the top instead of semi sweet chocolate chips. I think that would make it taste like Reese's even more!
Recipe Source:
http://addapinch.com/cooking/2012/09/19/peanut-butter-bars-recipe/

Peanut Butter Bars:
1 cup butter, melted (2 sticks)
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (2 sleeves ground to a fine crumb)
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1½ cups peanut butter
 
 Chocolate Topping:
 
¼ cup peanut butter
2 cups chocolate chips
 
Combine first four ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well-combined and smooth. Spread evenly into a 9×13 baking dish.
 
Combine ingredients for the chocolate topping in a medium bowl. Melt in the microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute, stirring at 30 second intervals. Remove from the microwave and stir until smooth. Spread on top of the peanut butter bar base and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
Remove from the freezer and cut into individual bars. 

2 comments:

  1. I am making these for Sun. Father's Day BBQ. The kiddos will eat them up, and us adults will have to wrestle them for some! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMgosh...these are sssooo good. I would put milk chocolate on them if I made them again. That way they would taste more like Reese's. Even though dark chocolate is better for you!

    ReplyDelete