Pin It

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Jalapeno Cheese Cornbread

This is one of those days when I wish I could eat an entire pan of something and not gain any weight. Oh wait....that's everyday! Oops!
Since I am not supposed to be eating any bread as of now, as I am still following an anti inflammatory diet, I took the smallest little bite possible. Oh wow, this was fantastic. Of course, if I had it my way it would have been a bite smothered in melted butter, but that would have really been pushing it. So I just tasted it without any butter. Trust me, spread a layer of hot butter on your slice and you will be in cornbread heaven!
 Recipe adapted from:
http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/green-chile-cornbread-recipe/1/

1 cup Bisquick
1  cup cornmeal
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2  tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2  eggs
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2/3  cup canned corn, drained
2  Tbsp diced jalapenos
 
Heat oven to 400°. Spray a 9 inch square baking pan with Pam.
Stir Bisquick mix, cornmeal, sugar, salt, milk, oil and eggs in medium bowl just until moistened. Gently stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into pan.
Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until light brown. 
Serve warm

No comments:

Post a Comment