Pin It

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cinnamon Apples

Oh my goodness, these apples are amazing! Who cares that it's 89 degrees outside still and iced tea is the drink of the day instead of hot apple cider? I care....but not enough that it stopped me from making these delicious apples. These are so simple to make and the blend of cinnamon and apple together is perfect. I like to use the actual cinnamon spice in my foods, but this is the first time that cinnamon candies have ever been involved. I am usually not a big fan of cinnamon candy, but I made the exception for this dish. So glad I did!!
4 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1/4 cup butter
1 bag cinnamon red hot candies

Place your peeled and sliced apples (you can chop them if you want bite size pieces) into a large skillet. Add the butter and cinnamon candies. Cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, until all the candies have melted. Then put a lid on the skillet and cook until apples have achieved the softness that you desire. You can serve these hot, warm or cold if you choose. The more they cooled, the more the cinnamon taste came through.

No comments:

Post a Comment