Pin It

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Slow Cooked Apples

Cooking this today made my home smell absolutely wonderful. Now if the weather would just cooperate and make it actually seem like it's FALL instead of an extended summer like we are having here in So Cal. I admit that a few times today, I actually went over to the crock pot, lifted the lid and took a big whiff. Ok...Ok...so my spoon actually went in it also to taste test. These didn't need to be taste tested, but it sounded like a reasonable way to explain away why I was constantly lifting the lid. I mean if I'm going to let that kind of steam escape from the pot, just to smell the darn stuff cooking, then I might as well take a taste while I'm there, right? Don't answer that ;)
8 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced into 8 wedges each
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
6 Tbsp melted butter

Spray your crock pot THOROUGHLY with Pam. Coat it at least twice. Place the apples into the bottom of the crock pot. Drizzle the lemon juice over them and stir. In a bowl, mix up the sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir it and then pour it over the apples. Stir to coat all the apples with the sugar mixture. Drizzle melted butter over the apples and stir again. Cook on low for 3 hours or high for 2 hours. Serve warm!

4 comments:

  1. I'm making this recipe right now! Hopefully it turns out well. I tasted the spoon after my finally stir and I'm very pleased so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope you enjoy them as much a we did! I wish I could smell them cooking from your home to mine. :)
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fantastic! Everyone has been asking me for the recipe! Thanks so much for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed them. I just made them again last week myself. I even like the leftovers cold out of the refrigerator the next day! :)

      Delete