Pin It

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Chicken and Dumpling Casserole

I have always loved making my mom's home made chicken and dumpling recipe, ever since I became a grown up and started cooking my own meals. It's a "go to" meal for each winter and I can't wait to make it this winter also. A few days ago I stumbled onto a recipe for a chicken and dumpling bake. Sounded interesting! After trying it tonight, I truly like it. I can't say it's exactly as good as making good ole fashioned chicken and dumplings, but it's definitely something I would make again. It's super quick and easy, especially since I decided to use a store cooked rotisserie chicken, instead of cooking my own. I also just used a can of chicken stock instead of making my own.




Here is a link to the original recipe.
http://www.deepsouthdish.com/2009/02/chicken-and-dumpling-bake.html

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Joni! Made this for my family last night, and it was a big hit. I love it when I don't have to buy ingredients. I had everything in my pantry already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it Angie! Let me know if you make anything else :)

    ReplyDelete