Pin It

Monday, April 30, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream

All my life, my favorite ice cream flavor has always been anything with chocolate and peanut butter. I think the servers at Baskin Robbins just know to start scooping it when I walk in. I love eating all the chocolate first and then finishing by eating all the chunks of peanut butter. I know, I eat it like a 5 year old, but hey.....there has to be some area that I can revert back to childhood. Besides 5 years old was only a few years ago...*cough, cough*.
My mom got me an amazing Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker for Christmas last year that makes ice cream in 23 minutes. Yes you heard me right..... 23 MINUTES! Sure, I did have to make the recipe and chill it first, but come on people, 23 minutes? This could be some serious trouble for me.
Today was the first time I used the new ice cream maker since Christmas. I know we've had an awfully warm So Cal winter and spring, but today was the first time that I actually thought to myself that it seemed hot enough to go for it! I'm so happy I did and honestly I could begin drooling, just looking at this picture! This recipe, doesn't have the ribbons of peanut butter chunks through it, but it has the peanut butter mixed in. Oh my goodness, this taste to me, almost exactly replicates Basin Robbins peanut butter chocolate ice cream. Thanks to Tracy over at the following link for posting this recipe. It's amazing!!
http://traceysculinaryadventures.blogspot.com/2010/06/chocolate-peanut-butter-ice-cream.html

As the weather warms up, I'm sure you will tire of me posting ice cream recipes, but I probably won't be able to help myself as this was too easy and oh so yummy!
2 cups half and half
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 cup peanut butter

In a large pan, combine the half and half, cocoa powder, sugar and salt.  Whisk this mixture a bit and then heat the mixture, whisking frequently, until it comes to a full, rolling boil. (the mixture will begin to foam up a bit when it's at a full rolling boil).  Remove the pan from the heat and add the peanut butter, whisking to blend thoroughly.
Refrigerate the mixture to chill it completely. Freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions

No comments:

Post a Comment