Pin It

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Black Pepper Chicken and Veggies

This morning I went to the local farmers market. Wow, I can't wait to go back again. I found so many wonderful veggies at such great prices. That is one thing I love about Southern California... the fact that our weather permits farming and gardening at almost any time of  year! I walked up and down the aisles in complete awe of all the fresh fruits and veggies. For those of you that live in So Cal, you know that it's next to impossible to find fresh okra. Well guess what? I found some! None of that mushy frozen stuff...YUK!
By the time I was done shopping, I had a box that weighed more than I did to haul to my car full of fresh goodies. Ok so it didn't weigh as much as me, but clearly I had gone crazy shopping! I found fresh Cherimoya, and boy oh boy if you have never tried this fruit, you should! It's amazing.It's almost like eating yogurt in fruit form. I can't wait until the next one is ripe enough to eat.
So when I came home and decided what to make for dinner, I just knew I had to make use of some of these wonderful veggies. I wish I could say that I had made the black pepper chicken also, but I found it already seasoned at Sprouts Market. Oh boy I'm glad I did, I think it's great and I will definitely be buying it again. I didn't want to serve the chicken plain, so I got to work, chopping up some of my new beautiful produce. I came up with a very healthy, very tasty meal that the hubby and I loved!

2 Black Pepper Chicken Breasts, (Purchased at Sprouts Market)
5 asparagus spears, cut into bite size pieces
5 okra, sliced into bite sized rounds
1/2 med onion,, dice
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 red pepper, sliced into bite size strips
1 zucchini, sliced into bite size pieces
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1 fresh jalapeno, chopped
Olive Oil

Sesame oil
Soy Sauce
Salt/Pepper to taste

Cut chicken into bite size pieces. In a large skillet, place the chicken and all the vegetables. Drizzle olive oil, sesame oil and soy sauce over the top. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are firm but tender.
* This would be wonderful served over a bed of rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment