Pin It

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Ancho Chile Grilled Ahi Tuna with Pineapple and Strawberry Salsa

Tonight as the hubby and I were eating this, we both kept saying "yum." Ok so they hubby didn't say "yum", but he did say it was wonderful. I was the one sitting there saying "oh my gosh...yum....this is ssssoooo good." I loved the combination of the sweet, and spicy and it complimented the fish very well. 
If you have a food processor, you can just put all the salsa ingredients in the food processor except the avocado and pulse it until you have made your salsa and then just  chop the avocado  and add it to it. That's what I did! I love my food processor, it makes everything so much easier. If you don't have one, then just get to chopping.
Recipe adapted from:
http://www.tasteloveandnourish.com/2013/04/24/chipotle-grilled-salmon-with-pineapple-avocado-salsa/

Salsa Ingredients:

1/4 pineapple, diced
4 strawberries, diced
1/2 medium red onion, diced
1 large jalapeno, diced
2 avocados, diced
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
Zest and juice of 1 large lime
1 1/2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp salt

Stir all ingredients together well. Set in refrigerator until the fish is ready to serve. If it gets a little watery from the juice of the berries, just drain off the liquid.

Ahi Tuna ingredients:

2 Ahi Tuna steak
1 tsp Ancho Chile Powder
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp ginger (powdered)
1/2 tsp coriander

Stir together the Ancho chile powder, brown sugar, salt, pepper, ginger and coriander until blended to make a "rub."  Rub this on both sides of the tuna steaks. Grill until cooked through. Serve with the salsa on top.

* I used my indoor grill because I was out of  propane. I'm not sure of timing on an outdoor grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment