Pin It

Friday, May 17, 2013

Sauteed Kale with Lemon and Parmesan Cheese

Lately I seem to be on a kale kick. I have been making so many different kinds of kale chips. I've added kale to my salads more than usual lately also. There is so much nutrition packed into this stuff. One cup of kale contains 34 calories, 6.7g of total carbohydrates and 1.3g of dietary fiber.So today at the grocery store I picked myself up a few bunches of it and started thinking of a new and fresh way to make it alongside our seafood tonight for dinner. This could quite possibly be one of my favorite ways to eat it!


1 bunch Kale
2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
1 small onion, sliced
1/2 small lemon, juiced
olive oil
Salt/Pepper to taste
3 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese


Wash the kale and cut the leaves from the main stem. Throw out the stem and tear the leaves into strips or smaller portions. Place the cut leaves into a large skillet. Cut the garlic into extremely thin slices. Add those to the kale in the skillet. Cut the onion into slices. Add those to the kale mixture. Squeeze lemon juice all over the kale. Drizzle olive oil over the kale mixture. (You can use as much or as little as you like.) Season with salt and pepper and turn the fire onto med-high. Cook until the kale really begins to cook down and then add Parmesan Cheese. Stir and continue to cook until kale is cooked all the way down and is tender. By now your onions should be soft but still somewhat firm. If they aren't then continue to cook for just a a couple more minutes. Serve warm!

3 comments:

  1. How many servings does the above recipe make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kale cooks down tremendously, so I would say it would be enough for two medium size servings or one large serving. I have a hungry hubby so it really only fed him with me having a little bit haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also only served it as a side dish, so when I say "servings" I am talking about side dish proportions.

    ReplyDelete