Pin It

Monday, May 27, 2013

Caramel, Peanut Butter, Krispy Candies

Well...here's to another diet killer! Thankfully I showed restraint and only  had one small  nibble of one candy. Hold the applause..."thank you, thank you very much."
It took everything in me not to tear into these bad boys and eat them all up. I'm glad we had company arriving, so I knew at least some, if not all, of them would not be tempting me anymore. I wish I could have sent the rest home with our sweet friends, but since they were flying back home to Oregon the next day, I don't think these would have held up! So now I have to refrain from looking at them in my refrigerator to keep from falling off the diet wagon.
20 Kraft Caramels
Peanut Butter
1 (11.5 oz) bag Milk Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup Rice Krispies

Unwrap individual caramels. Using a spoon, place a small (or large, if you REALLY want these peanut buttery tasting) amount of peanut butter onto the top of each caramel. Set aside.

Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or on top of a double boiler. (If using the microwave, only cook in 15 second intervals and stir well between each 15 seconds. Keep stirring because they will melt and smooth out as you stir). When the chocolate is all smooth, add the Rice Krispies to the chocolate and stir until mixed in thoroughly.

Using a fork, dip each peanut butter topped caramel into the chocolate mixture. You will likely need a spoon to cover the caramel in chocolate. Lift up the candy with the fork and let any excess chocolate drip back into the bowl. Place each candy on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. After all candies have been dipped, place the cookie sheet  into the refrigerator for approx 15 minutes or until chocolate is all firmed up. Take out of the refrigerator and let sit out a few minutes to bring the caramel back to room temp. You can eat these directly from the refrigerator, but the caramel gets a little harder to bite into. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment