Pin It

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Parmesan, Lemon and Herb Mashed Potatoes

I was thinking of changing the name of this post to "A bowl full of hearty goodness." Seriously, this was like a bowl of everything I love to eat. I mean, who doesn't like potatoes with cheese? The sad part is that potatoes are not on my anti inflammatory diet I am on right now, so I had to watch my hubby eat this, while I drooled at the table. Ok, so I didn't actually drool, but trust me when I say that there were a few times I was tempted to say "hey...look at that over there" and when he turned his head, I would reach my grubby little fingers over, stick them in his potatoes and quickly rid myself of the evidence by eating it off my fingers. I showed self restraint though and only tried one tiny forkful. Oh boy...it was wonderful!
Recipe Adapted From:
http://userealbutter.com/2012/02/20/parmesan-gremolata-smasher-potatoes-recipe/

2 red potatoes (you can substitute regular potatoes if you would like)
1/8 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/2 lemon, zested
1 Tbsp green onion, chopped
1/8 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp butter, melted
*Shredded parmesan cheese for the top of the potatoes

Heat oven to 400°.
 In a saucepan, cover potatoes with water. Bring to a boil and cook until softened, about 25-40 minutes depending on the size of your potatoes.
Drain the water and place the potatoes onto a flat surface. (I used my cutting board)
Using a fork. "smash" each potato down somewhat. (This step makes it easier for the mixer to do it's job)
Place them into your mixer. Add the olive oil, salt, garlic, parsley, lemon zest, green onion, parmesan cheese and butter. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Place into a ramekin or a small dish that can go into your oven and sprinkle as much Parmesan cheese on the top as you would like.
Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until Parmesan is melted and golden. 
* If you would like yours to be less thick, you can add a little bit of milk into your mixer until you reach the desired consistency. I wanted mine a little thicker than normal mashed potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment