Pin It

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Basil Pesto

Let me first admit that I could sit down and eat this entire making  of pesto sauce with a spoon. Who needs pasta when this tastes so good by itself? Secondly I admit that I did continue to taste this, under the guise of taste testing of course, to make sure I had it right! ;)
So....luckily I had some left to use in my stuffed shells I am making tonight for dinner. (I will post the recipe for those also, after I get a picture of it tonight)
2 cups basil leaves, packed down
1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts
3 garlic cloves, minced
Salt/Pepper to taste

In your food processor, pulse the pine nuts and basil a few times. Add the garlic a pulse a bit more. Slowly add the olive oil while the food processor is running. (Stream it in continually while the food processor is going) Turn off the processor and scrape down the sides. Run again for just a few seconds to mix it all up. Add the grated parmesan and mix again until thoroughly blended. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with pasta or you can put it over chicken or anything else that sounds good!

No comments:

Post a Comment