Pin It

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chicken Enchilada Soup

I adapted this recipe from a recipe I found on Pinterest. I must admit that Pinterest could easily take the place as my new found second love haha! Just kidding. God first, then my hubby, then family and friends...then Pinterest? ;)
Even though it's not quite fall yet and I usually wait until then to make soups, I decided to try this one out today. I gave it a quick sample and oh my goodness, I loved it! It was super easy and basically I just threw all the ingredients into a crock pot after I got off of work. (Yes I'm blessed to be home super early everyday from work). It took about 3 hours in the crock pot, but it's still on high at this point and I'm sure the tastes can only get better as it sits in there warming for longer. So I will just let it go until dinner time tonight and then voila...a super easy and tasty meal ♥


3 cups chicken broth
4 skinless, chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ancho chili powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
3 large jalapeno peppers, chopped
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 large onion, diced
3 large cloves garlic, minced
1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (12 oz) bag frozen corn
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
8 oz cotija cheese, crumbled
 2-3 oz pepper jack cheese, grated
2-3 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
* for a garnish:
chopped cilantro
extra cojita cheese, crumbled
You can add tortilla chips if you would like


 Place all ingredients (except garnish) into your crock pot. Make sure to use already cooked and shredded chicken. Turn the crock pot onto high and leave for a few hours. I am cooking mine about 5 hours today! I'm sure it can only taste better the longer it cooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment