Pin It

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Chicken and Pesto Stuffed Shells

If you read my earlier post today, then you will know that I almost didn't leave enough pesto sauce to make tonight's dinner. ;) Well I did have enough and it actually turned out to be pretty tasty! I will definitely be making this one again. You could always substitute store bought pesto sauce, but hey, I grow so much basil in my garden, that I cannot justify not making it myself.
16 jumbo pasta shells
4oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan + 1/4 cup for topping
3 tablespoons Pesto sauce
2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
small handful of sun dried tomatoes, chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
enough butter melted to moisten the bread crumbs(maybe 1/8 cup)


In a large pot over high heat, boil water and cook the jumbo shells for 12 minutes or until "al dente". Drain the pasta and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, except the 1/4 cup of cheese for the topping. Fill the pasta shells with the filling and place in a greased baking dish.  Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese over filled shells. 

In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave and stir in Panko bread crumbs. Sprinkle all over the top of the shells and then bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until shells are bubbling hot and cheese melts.


No comments:

Post a Comment