Pin It

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Jalapeno Cream Cheese Rolls

This is another recipe I found on Pinterest. I cannot tell you how much I love that site! These rolls were super delicious and went very well with my vegetarian enchiladas and spicy asparagus.Yep, I had to keep the "spicy" theme throughout the whole meal. I did modify the amount of rolls the original recipe said to cut these into, as I wanted a little more than just a bite size.  These take only a few minutes to whip up and make for a great tasting bread side dish.
  • 1 package Cream Cheese (8 Ounce Package)
  • 4 ounces, weight Canned, Diced Jalapenos
  • 1 Tablespoon Sugar
  • 8 ounces, weight Tube Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, half the jalapenos ( I used almost the whole jar because I like my food spicy) and the sugar. Mix well with a fork. Set aside. Open crescent rolls and place on a cutting board. Separate them into two rectangles. Pinch together the perforations in each rectangle. Spread  the cream cheese mixture evenly onto the rectangles.Starting with the long side of each rectangle, roll up each rectangle into a "log" Once they are rolled up, cut each "log" into 8 pieces. Place the pieces onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for about 13 minutes until they are golden brown.

1 comment: