Pin It

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Cabbage and Ramen Salad

I stumbled onto this recipe on Pinterest this week and realized that I have had this salad many times at baby showers, bridal showers etc. I never knew the recipe, so I was happy when I came across it. It really is a light and refreshing salad and yet still filling! I think the trick is to keep the ramen and the dressing seperate from the cabbage part of the salad until you are ready to serve it.....otherwise, I'm sure it gets pretty soggy. We  will definitely be having this again at our home.

1 head Napa cabbage, chopped or grated ( I think next time I will grate mine for smaller pieces)
4 green onions, chopped

1/4 cup butter
2 pkg broken top ramen noodles ( I used the Oriental flavor)
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup blanched, slivered almonds

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup vinegar
3/8 cup sugar (1/4 cup + 1/8 cup)
Both seasoning packets from the top ramen
1 Tbsp soy sauce

In a large bowl, mix together cabbage and green onions. Store in the refrigerator.

In a skillet, melt butter and then add the ramen noodles, sesame seeds and almonds. Stir until lightly
browned. Place in a covered bowl in the refrigerator until it's time to serve the salad.

In a separate small bowl, mix together the oil, vinegar, sugar, ramen seasoning packets and soy sauce. Stir. Keep in refrigerator  until ready to serve.

When you are serving the salad, you can either mix together all the separate portions of the salad at once and serve it, or you can mix individual servings on your plate. This makes it much better if you do not intend to eat all the salad at one meal. It will tend to get very soggy if mixed all together and left in the refrigerator overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment