Pin It

Monday, January 30, 2012

Pineapple Casserole

Well, jury duty beckons this morning. So I thought I'd start my morning out on a positive note and blog about a side dish I made this week. Anything to get my mind off of the next 8 hours haha! I found this recipe on Pinterest and thought I would give it a try. It was actually better than I thought it would be. It made a super easy side dish and everyone that has tried it has liked it so far. I did get a suggestion that toasted coconut would be great on top of it. Next time I make it, I will try that for sure! I also think that next time I will use more bread across the top of the casserole. That was my favorite part. Of course!! ;)
2 cans crushed pineapple (20 oz each)
1/4 -1/2 cup sugar (I used right between these measurements)
2 Tbsp flour
3 eggs, beaten
5 slices french bread, crusts removed
Butter for bread

Drain the pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice. In a bowl, combine pineapple and reserved juice with sugar, flour and eggs; mix well. Spoon into a well greased, 2-qt. baking dish. Cut your buttered french bread into cubes. Place the cubes on the top of the casserole. Bake at 350, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes or until set and browned.
*If you are adding toasted coconut, I would toast the coconut in your oven and add the toasted coconut before placing in the oven. 

Recipe adapted from:
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Golden-Pineapple-Casserole-Side-Dish

2 comments: